Here’s a fun fact about Victoria… I LOVE cooking. Not just cooking, but the entire creative process that takes place from the moment you stare into the fridge & pantry to creating something delicious that makes your taste buds shout for joy. Or if you’re like me, there is also an audible shout for joy that comes shortly afterwards. Now, if I could just get myself into the habit of actually writing down the recipes so that others could re-create these mouth-watering morsels I’d be set. Only, I haven’t found a way to exactly measure “some of this, with a splash of that, and just a pinch of this“.
But guess what… today I did it. I wrote down the recipe. Not only that, but I used actual measurements. And not only that, but this is the first time in my history of making Tuna Burgers (which isn’t super long, but hey, I’m trying) that the burgers did not, I repeat, did not fall apart while cooking! Hurray!!
Check out those patties of golden delicious goodness.
Tuna Burgers (makes 4 patties)
2 – 5oz cans White Albacore Tuna (in water – then drained)
2 – eggs
2 scallions (chopped)
2 small garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup fresh spinach (roughly chopped & steamed)
2 tbsp arrowroot flour*
2 tsp coconut flour*
1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
Fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
*I used arrowroot & coconut flour, but these could be interchanged or coconut flour alone.
1. Preheat grill to low-medium heat
2. Mix together all ingredients, except lemon juice, in a mixing bowl and combine
3. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (go enjoy a book or some cat videos while you wait…)
4. Form into four patties
5. Grill on aluminum foil with 7 minutes on each side
6. Top it all off with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice (Or a splash of hot sauce, or some tomato, lettuce, and onion, or whatever else your heart may desire)
I hope you love this recipe as much as I did today! I kept telling the Grill Master (hello, Austin!) how much I loved these after every bite. Enjoy! 🙂