In the words of Bubba…
Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep-fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that’s about it.
To sum it all up: shrimp is incredibly versatile and super scrumptious; which is why I love it.
Garlic Pepper Shrimp (serves 2)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 green bell pepper (sliced into strips)
2 large carrots (sliced into discs)
4oz mushrooms (sliced – I used baby bellas because I had them on hand)
1/2 lb fresh, peeled & deveined, wild-caught shrimp
Chopped scallions (for garnish)
1. Heat wok* to low heat.
2. Chop, slice, and mince all veggies.
3. Add coconut oil, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and garlic to wok; cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water, bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, black pepper and ginger; bring heat to medium & close lid. Cook for 5-8 minutes until veggies are soft; stirring occasionally.
5. Take lid off and add in shrimp; cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
6. Place into bowls and garnish with scallions.
*I made this recipe in an electric wok. If you don’t own one of these, a large pan will do.
Now Bubba can add one more to his list! And so can you! 🙂