For the moment when you really would love some coconut shrimp, but all you have is tilapia in your freezer.
Coconut Kick Tilapia (serves 2)
2 Tilapia Filets
2 tsp Hot Sauce (or more if you like it hot!)
2 tbsp Coconut Flour
3 tbsp Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Coconut oil (for greasing)
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
3. Place egg, hot sauce, and 1 tbsp water in a bowl; mix together until egg is scrambled.
4. Place coconut flour and coconut flakes in a second bowl; mix together until combined; season with a few dashes of salt & pepper.
5. Dredge tilapia in egg bowl, then coconut flake bowl; place on baking sheet. Repeat with second filet.
6. Sprinkle any remaining coconut on tilapia.
7. Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes.