The beautiful side to this? INSTANT INSPIRATION.
Introducing… My Paleo & Whole30 Approved Mediterranean Salad.
Mediterranean Salad (serves 2-4: depending on the hunger level)
– 1 medium tomato
– 1 cucumber
– 1 green bell pepper
– 1/2 red onion
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tsp basil
– 1 tsp parsley
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
– Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
1. Chop tomato, cucumber, pepper, and onion into equally proportionate sizes; place in mixing bowl.
2. Add lemon zest; follow with the lemon juice. [HINT: Roll your lemon under your palm before cutting & squeezing juice. This makes the process of squeezing the juice out much easier.]
3. Add all herbs/spices & olive oil. If you can get fresh herbs, that would be a great upgrade too!
4. Gently toss together. I like using my hands, but use tongs if you’d rather not get that into your food. 😉
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, but best when left overnight. Serve chilled.
I also enjoyed this salad over a fresh bed of kale and alone. If you have any leftover grilled chicken, that would be a great addition to pump up the protein factor and turn this into a “meal-sized salad”. YUM!