Why eat plain watermelon, when you can have it mojito-style? Juicy pink watermelon with a bright citrus splash, bits of cool mint, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Mmm mmm good. It may be Autumn, but Summer is still shining through this delectable, cool treat!
Mojito-Style Watermelon (makes 3 cups)
– 3 cups Watermelon, cubed
– 1/2 tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
– pinch of Sea Salt
– Zest & Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Cube watermelon into 1-inch chunks.
2. Place in bowl, meanwhile, chop mint and place in bowl with watermelon.
3. Zest lime over the bowl and squeeze in juice.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt; toss together gently.
5. Refrigerate, preferably overnight, the longer the better to allow flavors to marinate.
And this is not just for a refreshing side or sweet dessert! Although, sitting with a nice bowl of watermelon while watching the sunset on the porch is quite nice. These flavors are also a perfect match for a fresh juice or a cool smoothie! Even this morning, I added a bit of coconut milk and BAM! Smoothie-licious! 😉
So… moral of the story here:
Get yourself to the grocery store and make this recipe ASAP.
It’s Mojito-Watermelon Time!