Quick, simple, and delicious. I love it when a recipe is all three of those things. And that is exactly what can be said of these
Cinnamon Fried Plantains.
Plantains are part of the banana family, but differ in that they are larger in size, harder to peel. starchier and need to be cooked to consumed. Plantains are low in fat and have a fantastic source of carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C. Recently I’ve been trying out various styles of cooking plantains, and this is my favorite. I enjoy it at breakfast time, as a snack, or a quick dessert.
Cinnamon Fried Plantains (serves 1)
1 ripe yellow plantain
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat a frying plan on low-medium heat and melt coconut oil in pan.
2. Cut open plantain and slice into even, 1/4-inch slices.
3. Place slices in pan and dust with cinnamon.
4. Fry for 3-minutes and flip.
5. Dust with cinnamon and fry for 3-minutes.
6. If needed, flip one more time to get crispy and golden brown.Enjoy this recipe as your next snack, breakfast-side, or dessert! The tasty sweet treat can satisfy your sweet tooth–naturally. 🙂