…but not exactly in that order.
Yesterday I had the lovely opportunity to meet my friend’s newest addition to her family, Baby Connor! He is such a sweetheart. Connor is absolutely adorable and has the tiniest hands that wrapped around my finger (as most babies do I imagine). I love being able to be alongside my friends when they enter into new chapters of their lives; this one was particularly exciting. Thank you Julie for letting me spend time with you and your new bundle of joy!
Last night was also filled with more new adventures. I am thrilled to be part of an upcoming new web series titled The Legacy, which will be hitting YouTube soon! We shot a few scenes last night for the promotional video & will be doing so again tonight and next week. The script is incredibly well written and the concept is quite intriguing— definitely not your average vampire series.
Before all these things, I knew that I didn’t want to visit the new momma and baby boy without bringing a sweet treat! I’ll be up front with you now… THESE COOKIES ARE NOT PALEO. I happen to know that Julie is a pretty big fan of all things chocolate and Peanut M&Ms, so my goal here was the cookie version of a Peanut M&M.
And BOOM… The Nutella Peanut Butter Cookie was born!
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies (makes 1 dozen cookies)
1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Nutella
1 stick of butter, at room temperature, divided
1 egg, whisked, divided (I just eye-balled it)
1 cup loosely packed brown sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract, divided
1/2 tsp baking soda, divided
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1-1/2 cups flour, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees and grease baking sheet.
2. In two separate bowls, place half of the stick of butter in one, and 1/2 in the other. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar in one bowl & 1/2 in the other. Beat sugar and butter together until creamy in both bowls.
3. Beat in 1/2 egg mixture in one bowl and 1/2 egg mixture into the other.
4. Mix in 1/2 tsp vanilla & Peanut Butter in one bowl. Mix in 1/2 tsp vanilla & Nutella in other bowl.
5. Mix in 1/4 tsp salt, baking soda and 3/4 cup flour in Peanut Butter bowl. Mix in 1/4 tsp salt, baking soda, and 3/4 cup flour in Nutella Bowl.
6. Roll 12 small Peanut Butter Cookies and place on baking sheet. Flatten a bit with a fork. (The peanut butter batter will be much thicker than the Nutella batter, which is why it is used as the base)
7. Pour a tbsp of Nutella batter over the prepped Peanut Butter cookies. Make sure batter fully covers cookies.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven, and slightly cooled, take a circle cookie cutter and cut out circles around the cookie. (Due to the Nutella batter being thinner, it will most likely spread during cooking and bake together next to the other cookies… the scraps are just as delicious though!)
10. Place cut out cookies on wire rack to finish cooling. ENJOY! 🙂