I’m about to change your life.
That may be a bit extreme, but you get it.
Eating Evolved has created the most incredible butter cups I’ve ever experienced. Ever.
Dark Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups, welcome to my life.
(And if you’re lucky, yours too!)
You know you can trust a company that states: “Chocolate: It’s food, not candy.” Yeah they have my vote already. Well, I have been hearing a ton of positive comments about Eating Evolved, therefore giving them a shot was on the “To Do List”. I didn’t know where to start. The website has all kinds of amazingly delicious creations. From Sea Salt + Caramel Coconut Butter Cups to the Vanilla Bean + Coffee Chocolate Bar, the list of star-studded chocolate options makes you want to just have all of them
at once. Okay, yes, all at once. #sorrynotsorry
In efforts to pace myself, I ordered my first Eating Evolved experience via coconut butter cups. Currently, the company sells three varieties:
When the chocolatey-treasure box arrived at my door step, my first instinct was to devour all the chocolate, but then the logical-side of my brain kicked in shouting, “No! Then it will all be gone and you will be sad! Pace yourself, lady!” The emotional/impulsive-side of my brain actually listened this time (surprisingly) and I carefully sampled eat one over the course of this past month. A month. Now am I impressive, or what?
The verdict is in!
1. EVERYTHING: Well, I am going to try to be more specific than that so this post is actually helpful, but that word was the first thing that came to mind.
2. Ingredients: a Paleo (and Vegan) dieter’s friend. This ingredient list contains zero dairy, soy, or gluten products. Thank you, Eating Evolved. This is an incredible feat in the chocolate world and we really appreciate it.
3. Flavors: I am not trying to give a cheeky, optimistic answer here. I really loved all three magnificent varieties of these coconut butter cups. I was not disappointed by any of them (in fact, quite the opposite). I will, however, give you my “rankings”: Caramel + Sea Salt, Mint, and then Classic. Again, all of them were AMAZING, but if you put caramel + sea salt on chocolate, you have me wrapped around your pretty little finger.
4. Sugar Content: These treats are not super-sugary at all! One cup has only 3-5 grams of sugar (depending on the variety). It then had me curious about a typical peanut butter cup, which by the way, has 10.5 grams of sugar!! Neutral:
1. Availability: The company is relatively new, from my understanding, so I know this is just in the beginning stages. My hope is to soon find these at my local grocery store versus online. This isn’t a terrible issue, but just something I am hopeful for in the future!
2. Packaging: This is basically my fault. I live in a hot state. Florida isn’t known for our cool, crisp weather. I should have listened to the website that said, “pick the warm weather shipping option”. Nahhh, it will be fine. I think there is a cold front coming. Silly, Victoria. My cups were a tad melty when they arrived so I stuck them in the fridge for a bit to harden up. Lesson learned. #mybadDislikes:
I always give my honest opinion about the products I review on this blog. I honestly have zero dislikes about this product. I GREATLY enjoyed every last bit of the coconut butter cups. I believe they are fairly priced (although I always hate paying for shipping no matter what the product). The ingredients are of high quality. The company makes me want to jump on board with what they are promoting. No complaints here.
Now head on over to Eating Evolved and get yourself (and maybe your friends if you like them enough) a package (or three) of these incredible Dark Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups. They will not disappoint! Just remember, if you’re in the heat of the South, CHOOSE WARM WEATHER SHIPPING. That is all.
Enjoy every delicious, sweet, chocolatey bite! 🙂